Our Vision & Values
Our vision and values have been selected by our stakeholders – children, governors and staff.
At Hunton all are valued equally and included. Everyone is respected, nurtured, encouraged and enabled to strive for ‘ life in all its fullness’. John 10:10.
We do not consider them to be just a list of words and phrases; they are the ‘heartbeat’ and embody the Christian ethos of our school, feeding into every part of school life.
Jesus said, ‘I have come that they may have life in all its fullness’ John 10:10.
Following in Jesus' footsteps, pupils at Hunton are encouraged to make positive and courageous choices to open up the world, challenging themselves by stepping outside their comfort zone in order to 'live life in all its fullness'. We relate to the story of Peter stepping out of the boat and walking on the water. He decided to follow Jesus, and was stepping out of his comfort zone and taking a risk. When he started to sink, Jesus caught him and helped him. (Matthew 14)
This vision helps us day to day enable each child to flourish through the provision of the best education; academically, morally, socially and spiritually; and by living out our faith in God so as to ‘Achieve Excellence Together’.
We are aiming to show how our pupils can experience ‘life in all its fullness’ day by day by developing a thirst for knowledge and a desire to challenge themselves, working together to achieve their aspirations in a safe, caring and secure learning environment. Each child is valued by the members of staff who work with them, nurturing, motivating, inspiring and empowering. We all recognise pupils' individuality and encourage them to become independent learners, make right choices, and fulfil their aspirations which will lead on to success in the future.
Our Mission Statement
Striving for life in all its fullness for today
Hunton CE Primary is a small, caring Church of England primary school set in beautiful countryside south of Maidstone. We are a family community with Christian values at heart, where adults and children genuinely care for one another.
- We aspire to be a high achieving school with a culture of opportunity for all to strive outside of their comfort zone
- We believe that every child is unique and valued by God, with their profound personal development being at the heart of all we do.
- We provide a rich and stimulating curriculum that inspires and challenges all to achieve
- We foster warm partnerships with parents, the local community, St Mary’s Church and local charities.
For Life in all its Fullness for the Future
- We teach our children, through the Christian values they chose, to be excellent Christian role models for the future world
- We are inclusive, respectful and celebrate global diversity
- We provide excellent care, guidance and support to enable our children to keep themselves happy, healthy and safe in their adult lives
- We educate children on the importance of their well-being today and in their future.
Our Christian Values
We seek to promote 4 Christian values of Compassion, Joy, Perseverance and Respect.
We believe these Christian values help children to learn effectively, and prepare children for successful and fulfilling life by being:
- Considerate and respectful with excellent manners
- Healthy, happy sociable young people
- Positive, hopeful and aspirational
- Creative, curious and critical thinkers
- Confident, independent learners
- Collaborators, problem solvers, innovators
- Resilient, self – motivated, hardworking and determined
- Highly principled with moral, spiritual, cultural and social awareness, including British Values.
Christian ethos is fundamental to all aspects of life at Hunton CE Primary – where all are valued equally and included. All respected, nurtured, encouraged and enabled to strive towards living ‘life in all its fullness’. John 10:10